Ordering a repeat prescription
Order your repeat prescription online at a time that suits you.
Your details and information are protected by the highest standards of online security, so all you need to worry about is what to do with the spare time you’ve earnt.
Problems ordering your prescription online?
Use the Patient Access Support Centre before you call us.
There are several different ways to order your prescription.
- Download the NHS APP
- Order online using Patient Access
- Alternatively come into the surgery tick the items you require on your repeat prescription slip return this to the box located near reception. If you do not have a slip don’t worry you can complete a blank form which is kept by the box.
- Use this link to complete our online form for one-off/acute prescriptions
- Email the surgery direct for acute items or query’s using this email address or click on the contact form for a direct link from this page email@example.com
- Call the NHS Prescription Ordering Direct service (POD) on 0147 4555 800, this is a stress-free way for you to order your repeat prescription over the phone (Open 8am-4pm)
- Please note WE DO NOT TAKE REQUESTS OVER THE PHONE however if you wish to discuss any query’s over the phone with the prescription team please call between 11:00 and 15:30
- All requests need to be as clear as possible if hand written ensure you include your full name, address and date of birth in block capitals, thank you.
Please allow 3 working days for all your requests to be processed
Where possible we ask that you provide a pharmacy destination for us to send any prescription to
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Repeat prescriptions from your local pharmacy
Do you order repeat prescriptions from your local pharmacy?
The process is changing, for more details including how you can order repeat prescription over telephone please
This new pilot service is being trialled for a few months. Letter from WKCCG informing of POD can be downloaded below:
Electronic Prescription Service
If you would like to take advantage of this service, please fill in the form below to nominate the Pharmacy you wish to use. Please return your completed form as soon as possible to your Pharmacy or to us.
Most pharmacies collect from the surgery, enabling you to collect your medication directly from them, saving you a journey to the surgery. Some pharmacies will deliver your medication to you if you are housebound. Please check with them first before requesting this service on your repeat slip. Pre-payment certificates are now available from most pharmacies.
You need to see your doctor at least once a year for a medication review if you take regular medication.
For more information about the Electronic Prescription Service
Can my GP prescribe extra medication to cover my holiday?
You can find out more information if you